• Değerli Arkadaşlar, Sitemizde "cevap anahtarı istemek" için konu açmak aynı konudan çok fazla açıldığı ve bir sonuç getirmediği için yasaklanmıştır. Anlayışla karşılayacağınızı umuyoruz. Saygılar.

Verbs of Perception Konu Anlatımı

Gozanian

Zümre Başkanı
Yönetici
See, hear, watch, feel, etc. gibi duyu fiilleri kendilerinden sonra gelen fiili iki şekilde alır: gerund ya da fiilin yalın hali.

a) Eğer bir eylemin oluşunu baştan sona görmüşsek, izlemişsek, fiilin yalın hali kullanılır.

Devam etmekte olan bir eylemi görmüşsek gerund kullanılır. Şimdi şu iki cümleyi inceleyelim.

Yesterday, I took my son to the park. There, I sat on a park bench and watched my son play with other children. (Ocumun oyun oynamasını baştan sona izledim.)

When I looked out of the window, I saw some children playing in the street. (Çocukların oynama eylemi devam ediyordu. Ben onları bir an gördüm. Oynamaya başladıkları zamanı görmedim.)

He unlocked the safe and took some money. I saw this. I saw him unlock the safe and take some money. (Kasayı açıp biraz para aldığını gördüm.)

see someone do something

When I entered the room, he was taking some money out of the safe. I saw this. I saw him taking some money out of the safe. (Onu, kasadan para alırken gördüm.)

see someone doing something

b) Bu kullanımlar özellikle see, hear, watch, listen to, feel ve observe fiilleriyle yaygındır.

Çoğu zaman, gerund ya da fiilin yalın halini kullanmak anlamı pek etkilemez.

When I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night, I felt the ground

shake/shaking.

Yesterday, I saw him run/running down the street.

C) Smell, findve catch fiilleriyle sadece gerund kullanılır.

When I entered the house, I could smell something burning. When I got home, I found my son sleeping.

He had given up smoking, but last night, I caught him smoking on the balcony.

d) Passive cümlede gerund kullanımı aynı kalır. Ancak fiilin yalın hali, passive cümlede

to+lnflnltive biçimine dönüşür.

Someone saw the missing child walking along the river. The missing child was seen walking along the river.

They last saw him chiving downtown late last night. He was last seen driving downtown late last night.

Someone saw him leave the building hurriedly.

He was seen to leave the building hurriedly.

They clearly saw him steal the watch.

He was clearly seen to steal the watch.

Üst